For day 60, I played 17 different, melodic instruments over a drone.
Remember that squeaky, squawky instrument you played in 3rd grade? On day 59 I was inspired to demonstrate the soprano recorder in a little bit different light!
For day 58, I played unaccompanied bamboo flute.
For day 57, I sang Less Than Perfect by Pink.
For day 56, I played low whistle.
For day 54 I played bansuri over a hip hop groove.
This website will continue to be a home for the Music Instigator podcast and for my 60 Day Challenge, but I have created a new home for my work as a recording artist, vocalist, and world instrumentalist! Please click the button below to check it out!
I’m filming myself making music every day for 60 consecutive days!
- To grow as a music instigator.
- To encourage you to make more of your own music.
- To inspire you with new ideas.
- To challenge myself. I consider this to be an experiment…and I am the test subject!
The emphasis for this project is on sharing. In order to keep this in focus, I’ve come up with 3 simple guidelines:
- The videos will be 1-2 minutes in length.
- The video quality (lighting, etc.) does not need to be “perfect.”
- I will spend no longer than one pomodoro® on each part of the filming and editing process.
Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Watch the videos and read my descriptions. For each video, I’ll be sharing some thoughts about the process.
- Share the videos on Facebook, Twitter, or even with random strangers on the street!
- Give me your feedback! I would love to hear your comments and questions. This includes if you have any ideas for future videos! You can share your thoughts in the comments section of the video or via email, Facebook or Twitter.
Last, but not least, sign up for my email newsletter so you can keep up to date on future challenges. After I’m done being my own guinea pig, my plan is to try a similar challenge with a group of fellow music makers!